I sent Lisa Taylor of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives a list of interview questions and she was kind enough to answer them! Thanks a lot, Lisa! She has some great tips and talks about her own experiences in writing her blog so without further ado…
1. When did you start blogging about food?
May of 2008.
2. What was your inspiration? Was it just a share-recipes-with friends sort of thing or a I-want-to-show-the-world idea?
It started as a way to release my culinary creative juices, and soon turned into quite an obsession – especially when it came to writing and photography, which I never knew I had in me (well, photography wise, without natural light, I’m not quite where I want to be, but I get it) lol
3. What was one of the first things you remember when you first started blogging? Your first comment, subscriber, etc.?
I remember thinking my photos were awesome (flash, low light, blur..lol) and I truly believed I was doing something special combining food and baseball. I stopped writing about baseball long ago – it’s all about the food! That said, my first comment was pretty exciting, especially since it was from someone I didn’t know!
4. What’s your favorite recipe you’ve posted?
Probably my Levain Bakery COPYCAT Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies. They aren’t quite like Levain’s yet (still trying), but I ended up with a pretty darn good fat and chewy chocolate chip cookie.
5. What’s the ingredient you use the most and what’s your favorite dish you made with it?
BUTTER, REAL BUTTER, and in almost everything!!
6. If you were to start the experience all over again, what would you change?
I would change the name of my blog, no question. Like I said above, it no longer has anything to do with baseball, and well, it’s too long in general.
7. How to you connect with your readers?
Definitely through my writing. My friends say I write like I talk. Plus, I love giving away stuff, not just stuff I’m sent to promote, but stuff I buy myself or happen to have on hand, brand new, that I never use or will never use. Those are the best giveaways, from ME to them.
8. What do you think is the strongest part of your blog?
Definitely the writing.
9. And finally, what are some tips you would offer to a new food blogger?
Just enjoy yourself, don’t think about impressing people – do what you do best and you will shine!
So there you have it: wise words from Lisa Taylor (thanks again!).