Hello again! I don’t have much time to talk, golf is on 🙂 But I will give you some updates on recent things I’ve made:
- I tried the recipe on the back of King Arthur’s wheat flour and I have to say it’s pretty good. There are some surprising ingredients in the recipe, like orange juice. It came out great and we tried it right out of the oven.
- I also tried to make french bread. I made a few changes to a recipe I found in my new book and yum! I sprayed a water and butter mixture to get the crust I wanted.
- You know, people say something or other is “the best invention since sliced bread”? Well I got to try that theory out myself! On Black Friday, I purchased a meat slicer from JC Penny’s. It was the Cooks 150 watt meat slicer. I was very excited to open it and try it out. At first, I looked at it and I had a feeling I had gotten a returned product…not such a great impression. I started using it and it sliced my newly made bread very well. I tried an apple but the blade didn’t like that too much. Going to get that frozen meat from the refrigerator to try tonight!
- So I was also looking in my cabinets last night and I found some rennet tablets. I originally bought them to make some cheese but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I did find a great 30 minute mozzarella cheese recipe online that I have to try.
- I know that make butter is the easiest thing to do with a mixer but it’s not the same, shaking a can of heavy cream in front of the tv and make some delicious whipped cream and butter.
No pictures of my creations today (since my camera is out of battery at the moment). I will talk to all of your next time! Now back to golf 🙂